Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ling Carter

The long time editor in chief of Interesting News Items, Ling Carter, has left a comment on our article that gave a long term perspective on Swine Flu, Pirates and Torture, titled We're All Dead. We at PODM appreciate that he took time out of his busy schedule to give us his opinion, we know that with his interest in professional badminton, jurying numismatic competitions and his on going work looking for a cure for gingivitis he has little discretionary time especially for a publication like PODM which is generally considered unfit to lick the boots of anyone on the Internet.

The firm that audits our circulation cites Ling for increasing our readership by 25%, it rocketed from 4 to 5 readers when he commented. Perhaps more worrisome, while the audit does count several of the voices I hear in my head it doesn't include the dog I got from David Berkowitz that tells me what to write about. I assume he's a regular reader.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just tell you what to write about I don't read it. If my paws could work a keyboard do you really think I would need you?

Ling Carter said...

Best way to foil a mutt like that is to wear boots on your hands.

It screws up their message.

Dutch said...

Excellent tip, the aluminum foil hats stopped working during the Eisenhower administration thanks no doubt to a conspiracy between members of the miltary industrial complex, Alcoa and Reynold's Aluminum. I still wear the metallic chapeaus anytime they let me out of the house with out a football helmet because thats the way I roll.

Of course you correctly point out I am a decrepit pile of human waste suitable only to be beaten within an inch of my life for my presumptuousness then tucked into my bed of nails without the recourse of succor. How could I have been so wrong.